Classroom Volunteer Opportunities
We are excited to welcome parents back into our classrooms!
Beginning the week of November 1, most teachers have requested parent volunteers to assist with a variety of classroom activities, such as filing Friday folders or working with an individual student or small groups on a variety of tasks. An email went out from our PTO President on October 27 with each classroom’s sign-up genius link. For safety reasons, we will not post those links here, but feel free to contact the PTO at firstname.lastname@example.org for a complete list.
We will be using Sign-up Genius for this volunteer opportunity. If you do not yet have a SignUp Genius account, we would highly suggest getting one. We use it for most of our volunteer opportunities at Spring Ridge.
Please be mindful and give everyone an opportunity to sign up before signing up for multiple slots. If all volunteer slots do not fill by November 12, please feel free to take more.
Mrs. Omo is also welcoming parent volunteers in the library each day to help shelve books and switch out bulletin boards or make theme displays. Please consider signing up to volunteer in the library as well.
Below are a few reminders when volunteering:
- When interacting with students, volunteers are reminded to remain at least 3 feet away.
- Please contact your teacher directly with any questions or concerns regarding sign-ups or shifts you are unable to trade or honor.
- SignUp Genius will send you a reminder 2 (two) days prior to your volunteer shift.
- Make sure to check-in at the office before going to the classroom or “cottage”.
- All teachers request that younger siblings do not accompany you during volunteer times.
Lastly, HAVE FUN and THANK YOU for volunteering!